Playing It Safe While Dating Online!
As you may notice, our sites are geared towards men, but we sometimes get a thousand hits a day from you curious females so we thought we’d better make sure you have you’re own corner. Beside, men need all the help they can get! Now girls, if you’re going to try online dating, prepare to be deluged with more suitors than you ever dreamed possible!
The Internet is still male-dominated, (not much longer) and this time, that’s to your advantage! Certain facts about men and women are not going to change, and that most men will look first for a pretty face, is one of them. So, if you are looking for a man who is interested in YOU…your mind, heart and spirit, in addition to your gorgeous mug, then your ad must be crafted to attract the type of man you seek.
FACT: Thousands of men and women hook up weekly online!
While liars, cheaters and imposters certainly ply their craft on the Web, you’ll also find them in nightclubs, among the membership ranks of off-line dating services, at cocktail parties, and occasionally sitting across from you at your local cafe. Regardless of where, or how, you meet someone, dating is never a risk-free activity. A little caution will reduce your risk in these matters of the heart.
Dating Advice for Single Women Seeking Men for Relationships
1. Use your instincts. We know you want to trust everyone and believe everything they say, especially when they’re saying what you want to hear. If it’s too good to be true, it sometimes is. More often than not, the person you’ve met online is just the same in person, but take your time to get to know her/him/them.
2. Remain anonymous. Until you know that the person or persons you’re interested in are the sort you want to meet, remain anonymous. Most online dating services allow you to use a nickname and send mail using only the nickname and your dating service address. Don’t be pressured to “send mail to my private email” because you’ll be giving our your personal details in your return address.
3. Remain wary. Don’t believe everything you see on screen. If you have any doubts, ask questions. If there is even the slightest bit of doubt, move on. There are SO many people out there that could make you happy, so don’t take a chance.
4. Don’t be pushed! If you’re not ready to meet someone, don’t be coerced into it. You’ll be upset and you might be putting yourself at risk. So what if you’re accused of “not being real”, at least you’ll feel good until you ARE ready to meet in person.
5. Spend time online. If you’re not 100% certain this person is for real, spend time online chatting or chat through email until you’re sure.
6. Talk on the phone. You can learn a lot about someone by talking over the phone. To ensure your anonymity, give a mobile phone number or use a pay phone. If you hear anything that gives you doubts, don’t meet.
7. Photos. It’s true that a picture is worth 1000 words. It doesn’t tell the whole story, but you can tell whether you’re physically attracted to this person. If the photo looks too good to be true, ask for a photo to be taken somewhere you suggest. If it can’t be done, it might not be their photo!
8. Personality flaws. If your new friend displays controlling behavior (needs to know where you are, is unhappy when you do things away from the computer), shows anger or anything else that makes you feel uncomfortable, then this person is not going to make you happy. If you’re an outgoing, friendly man, a clinging, dependent woman will drive you up the wall.
9. Be safe. When you decide to meet for the first time, tell someone where you’re going. Take your own car, public transportation or ask a friend to take you and pick you up. These security measures won’t last forever and if he or she is put off by them, then tell them to find someone else. There is never going to be only one person that you must have in order to be happy.
10. Always be alert. Safety precautions are not only for meeting new friends from the Internet. These guidelines are good ideas whether you’re meeting someone you’ve met at a concert, in a pub or at the grocery store. Just be careful out there.
Ok girls, we all know that there is a fine line between women’s lib and being too masculine. So, here’s a modern day way to balance testosterone with our feminine side; a modern list of dating tips for women.
If he picks you up at your place, please remember the basics and offer him something to drink. There is nothing worse than being a nervous wreck and not knowing what to do with yourself. A glass of wine may be good for both of you. a pre-appetizer, if you will.
If you pick him up (brownie points if he agrees to that), bring him a little something. Get creative and have fun with it; it will make him smile and you’ll stand out in his mind, especially if he has been on other recent dates!
At the car, if he opens the door for you that is fine. If you’re smart, you’ll reach over and unlock his door for him or, in today’s world of car remotes, it may already be unlocked, so open it for him from your seat. Many men are expecting you to do this for your first “test,” and this old technique will score you major points. If he does not open the door for you, he may just be making an effort to be thoughtful for the sake of women’s lib. Either way, no worries and no need to sweat it.
If he is taking you to dinner, won’t you be happier if you order what you want to eat, no matter how fattening, messy and large in proportion it might be? So suggest wings at Hooters if you are a wing lover, but at least eat something that can be considered a meal! No side salads with fat free ranch.
Avoid fake laughter! Only the real deal will work. On that same token, there is no need to make him feel totally pitiful even if he is. If the two of you are not connecting like Bonnie and Clyde, use your positive and fun attitude to make the most of your date, always keeping it real. You never know, he could be friends with your future husband.
Do I order dessert? Refer to #4. If this is even a question for you, you can just skip the manners lesson, pass go, do not collect $200 and sit at the Cheesecake Factory until you learn about good dessert! He’ll be happy to share dessert with you as long as you feed it to him. Plus, this will show your ability to take initiative and make decisions.
Should you drink? Again, if you like to drink, order a beer. If not, order mineral water. Either way, hit the pool table after dinner to show him what you’ve got!
What’s next, a dip in the hot tub? No ladies, this is not Blind Date. Be real; spend some time together in a more platonic activity.
What about the good night kiss? Remember that it’s likely he is thinking the same awkward thoughts you are, and a good date does not have to continue to the bedroom. After all, this is not Blind Date. Kiss him back if you want to and don’t if you don’t. Most importantly, leave him with a witty last impression of you because that last impression can be just as important as the first!
adultfrinendfinder log in
adultfriendrfinder mobile app
adultfrinendfinder.com login app